Tayberry & Sage Duck Breasts
Another simple, but fabulously tasty, recipe!
- 2 Duck Breasts
- 1tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 50ml The Little Herb Farm Tayberry & Sage Vinegar
- 1tsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 2tbsp Maple Syrup
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180C (160C fan).
- Score the fat on the duck breasts with a sharp knife and season.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, when hot, add the duck and sear on both sides.
- Transfer the duck, fat side up, into a roasting dish and pop into the oven for 20 mins.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Just before the duck is finished cooking, make the sauce - Heat the vinegar, mustard and syrup in a saucepan, stirring occasionally, until boiling. Then turn down and simmer for around 10 minutes or until the sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Slice the duck, arrange on the plate and spoon the sauce over the top - as much as you wish! Delicious served with mashed potatoes and your choice of vegetables.
- For an Asian twist, add a splash of dark soy sauce, season and stir fry Pak Choi then add a further dash of soy sauce just before removing from the pan. Serve with noodles or rice.
The Little Herb Farm http://thelittleherbfarm.co.uk/