Strawberry & Basil Chicken Caprese
Fabulous for summer!
- 4 Chicken Breasts - boneless and skinless
- 100ml The Little Herb Farm Strawberry & Basil Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- 250g Fresh Strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
- 113g Fresh Mozzarella, roughly chopped
- Freshly Chopped Basil to dress
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
- Combine chicken breasts and 50ml of vinegar in a ziplock bag.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 minutes, or up to 5 hours. When ready to cook, place chicken in a baking dish and pour the vinegar from the bag on top. Season generously with salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes, or until it is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Meanwhile, bring the remaining vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Turn down the heat and simmer until reduced by half then remove pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together strawberries, mozzarella and basil to make a Caprese style topping.
- When the chicken is ready transfer to serving dishes, add the strawberry Caprese topping, and drizzle with the reduced vinegar.
- For an additional option, you can add the strawberry Caprese mixture to the chicken in the baking dish during the last 5 minutes of baking. Then the cheese will thoroughly melt and the strawberries will be warm. Either way works great!
The Little Herb Farm https://thelittleherbfarm.co.uk/