Blackcurrant & Thyme Game
- Game of your choice - Venison, Duck, Wild Goose, enough for four persons
- 60ml The Little Herb Farm Blackcurrant & Thyme Vinegar
- 1 Medium Onion
- Garlic (cut lengthwise)
- Salt and Pepper
- With the tip of a knife, cut slits in the meat to insert the garlic, pour over the Blackcurrant & Thyme vinegar.
- In a hot pan, sear the meat in butter and vinegar then place the meat and liquids in a baking dish. Add salt and pepper then cover and bake at 190 degrees. During the cooking process, baste the meat with its own broth and, if necessary, add a little bit of water .
- Carve and serve.
- Marinate the meat with the vinegar a few hours prior to cooking it as this helps it to be more tender and delicious!
- The length of cooking time will vary depending on what meat you use. As a guide for duck and goose, cook for 22 minutes per 453g. Venison will take less time, more like 15 minutes per 453g.
The Little Herb Farm http://thelittleherbfarm.co.uk/