Caramelised Blackcurrant & Thyme Red Onion & Brie Tartlets
- 250g Ready-made Shortcrust Pastry
- 2tbsp Oilve Oil
- 2 Medium Red Onions - peeled and sliced
- 3tbsp The Little Herb Farm Blackcurrant & Thyme Vinegar
- 125g Brie - cut into 24 small pieces
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper - to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Roll the pastry to 0.25cm and cut 24 5cm circles from it using a cutter.
- Prick the circles with a fork and place on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown, then remove and set aside to cool.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onions and fry over a low heat stirring regularly until softened.
- Add the Blackcurrant & Thyme Vinegar and continue to cook, stirring well, until the onions have caramelised. Season as required.
- To assemble the tartlets, spoon some of the red onion mixture into each pastry circle and top with a piece of brie.
- Delicious as canapés or make slightly larger and use as a starter.
The Little Herb Farm https://thelittleherbfarm.co.uk/